IRENA Scholarship Programme
In an effort to promote talented academics, and with the generous support of the Government of the United Arab Emirates, up to 20 IRENA scholarships are offered annually at the Abu Dhabi based MASDAR Institute of Science and Technology (MI). The Scholarship extends to eight Master of Science Programmes offered at MASDAR Institute.
In addition, IRENA Scholars will be able to attend an exclusiveLecture Programme aimed at presenting informing on the latest developments in the field of renewable energies.
Interested students can find all necessary information explaining the MSc Programmes, entry requirements and the selection process below. Special consideration will be given to applicants from developing countries as part of a concerted effort to support countries severely affected by today’s overriding challenges: energy access, energy security and climate change.
Eligibility Criteria for IRENA Scholarship :
Submit your application, if you comply with following MASDAR Institute criteria:
- Relevant undergraduate degree from a college, university or technical college of acceptable standing in the field of science, engineering or information technology
- Minimum CGPA required: 3.0 on a scale of 4.0.
- Competence in spoken and written English. Minimum TOEFL score: 91 (IBT) on the international TOEFL. Minimum academic IELTSscore: 6.5.
- Minimum GRE quantitative score: 700(or 155 on the new scale) .
- Academic record and credentials must indicate the ability to achieve distinction
And following IRENA criteria:
- Desired specialisation within the chosen MSc programme.
- Description of knowledge already acquired in the field of renewable energies and relevant previous professional engagements or experience.
- In case of equal aptitude, priority access will be given to applicants from Developing Countries.
The application process for IRENA Scholarship for the academic year 2012-2013 has opened on 1 November 2011 and will close on 31 May 2012